Monday, July 12, 2010

Trip to Jackson Hole

A few weekends ago Bruce had a trade show in Jackson Hole, WY.  Neither of us had ever been there so we decided to make a little family "vacation" out of it.  I put vacation in parenthesis because instead of being a relaxing time away, I found it actually to be more exhausting than anything.  While it was very fun to spend time with Bruce and Madi and explore new places I also found it a little harder to plan things to do with a 4 month old baby and to also coordinate those activities with not only her schedule but Bruce's as well.  But is was still fun to spend time as a family.

The first night we were there we went to Jackson Town Square.  It was a cute historic town.  There is a little park in the middle of the town and at each corner is an arch made of deer antlers.  Way cool. We also ate at a place called The Bunnery.  Bruce got a bison burger and I got a salmon burger.  Different but so good.  They also have lots of yummy homemade bread and pies.  I wanted to try all of them.  But they are famous for their berry pie so Bruce and I got that to share.  Sadly we ate it too fast to get any pictures.  I am realizing as I write this that I need to take more pictures to document things. I will try and do better.


The next day we went to Yellowstone National Park.  We got there just in time to see Old Faithful errupt.  It was pretty cool.  It lasted a lot longer than I expected.  It went on for like five minutes.  That's a lot of water! 



Bruce was busy with trade show stuff the next day so Madi and I mostly hung out in the hotel. Later that evening we went to Teton National Park.  We mostly just drove around because we didn't have a lot of time.  There are so many fun hikes and things to do there.  I can't wait to go back when Madi is older and we have more time! Oh and the nice lady that took our picture cute off half of the sign.  Oh well. Thanks anyways!


No comments:

Post a Comment