Thursday, September 15, 2011

Returned With Honor

In July my little brother Weston came home from his mission. He served a 2 year mission for our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) in Santiago Chile. We were a little anxious and very excited to see him again.  It was also the first time that Madi had met Uncle Weston. 

Weston went through three pairs of shoes during his mission. He even tried duct taping the last pair to make them last until he got home.  


Watching my brother come home from serving an honorable and successful mission was such an amazing experience.  I didn't expect it to be so spiritual.  Watching him walk up the terminal and get emotional as he got closer, and then watching him with each of my parents as they embraced for the first time in two years was so symbolic, to me, of our return to our Heavenly Father. I imagined my brothers embrace with my parents to be similar to the embrace that we will have with our Father in Heaven having served Him faithfully during our time on earth. Here's to Returning With Honor!!! :) 










No comments:

Post a Comment