Monday, January 3, 2011

"Real Love Stories Never End"

Last week Bruce and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary.  It's hard to believe that we have been married for 2 years already! Time flies when you're with the ones you love. :)  And let me tell ya, I sure do love my man.

On our actual anniversary we decided to splurge and go to Carrabba's for dinner.  It was a nice treat since we never go out to eat. Then we came home and watched Charlie St. Cloud.  It was a good movie. Different than what I expected but still good.


For Christmas Bruce gave me two gift certificates to a spa! Woot woot! He actually won them at a business luncheon, so the fact that they were free made it even better. We have always wanted to get facials so I decided that as part of our anniversary I wanted to use my gift certificates to do that. Yes ladies, pick your jaws up off the floor, my man went to get facials with me. Don't hate. He is so good to me. :)  Getting facials was a pleasant experience. We were amazed at how nice our faces felt afterwards.

After our facials we went to Kneaders for dinner. So good! We had a gift card there too, so even dinner was free. Free things make good things seem so much better. (especially for Bruce since he's the frugal one of the bunch. tehe.)

Now on to things of a more spiritual matter. The title of my blog was a quote I saw on a cute decoration at Kneaders, "Real love stories never end." I love that. And I just happen to believe that it is true. I am so grateful for my eternal marriage, and that I know I will be with Bruce forever!  The quote below makes so much sense to me and I know that it is true. (sorry I don't know who said it.)

"Even as we existed as children of God before we were born into this world, so also shall we continue to live after death, and the treasured and satisfying relationships of mortality, the most beautiful and meaningful of which are found in the family, may continue in the world to come.  When a man and woman are married in house of the Lord, they are joined not only for the period of their mortal lives but for all eternity.  They are bound together under authority not only of the law of the land that joins them until death but also though the eternal priesthood of God, which binds in heaven that which is bound on earth.    The couple so married has the assurance of divine revelation that their relationship and that of their children will not end with death but will continue in eternity, provided they live worthy of that blessing. Can anyone believing in eternal life doubt that the God of heaven would grant is sons and daughters that most precious attribute of life, the love that finds its most meaningful expression in family relationships?  No, reason demands that the family relationship shall continue after death.  The human heart longs for it, and the God of heaven has revealed a  way whereby it may be secured. The sacred ordinances of the house of the Lord provide for it."

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Happy Anniversary! We have a vinyl wall quote in our bedroom that says "Real love stories never have endings."

    ReplyDelete