Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Day

I'm 24 and I still get giddy and excited for Christmas. Will that ever go away? I hope not.  

Luckily Madi is still young and doesn't understand that if she gets up earlier we will open presents sooner.  So we got to sleep in until 8am Christmas day! Score! First thing we did when everyone woke up was open our gifts from Santa. 

Here is a video of Madi opening her favorite present. I love her facial expression.  So cute! (Sorry for the shakiness. I was trying to make sure I got her face.)

Madi also got some horsies from Santa.  She was putting them in between her legs and trying to ride them.  
After we opened Santa gifts we had a yummy breakfast of sausage and gravy.
  
This is the learning tower that Bruce built for Madi.  For all of us really.  Madi is always asking to "help" or "watch" when we are doing anything at the counter.  This way she can be up there with us and I don't have to worry about her falling or the chair sliding out from under her.  We love it!!
Helping daddy make sweet potato casserole.
I have had several people ask me if Madi is always so quiet. The answer is no.  Here is the proof.
After breakfast we headed to Church.  I LOVED being able to go to church on Christmas day.  What better way to celebrate Christ's birth than to go to church?  Church that day was amazing. There were several talks and musical numbers all centered on Christ's birth.  The spirit was so strong during the closing song, I don't think there was a dry eye in the congregation.  I love my church
Our little family on Christmas Day. 
The "kids"
Whole fam.
No words.
After church and a nap we opened the rest of our Christmas presents.  It was a lot of fun watching Madi this year. Crazy how much she has changed since last Christmas.
Posing with the cute TOMS that my mom got Madi for Christmas.  She is too spoiled.  We need some more grandkids to share the love with.

I just love Christmas.  I love the spirit that it brings and I love the reason we celebrate it. I love my Savior. I love my family.  I am so blessed.  So very blessed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment